Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Basha's Exp. April 19

We are considering filing a police complaint against Basha's Marketing Department.  Yep, it would be for misdemeanor boredom assault.   If Basha's ad got any more boring it might become felony boredom.  We walked through Basha's today just taking a look-see for anything interesting.  We walked out without spending a cent. Comments below photos.
As you know the chains have been taking turns selling cheap strawberries.  It's Basha's turn this week.  I've bought so many pounds of strawberries for my wife, Susun, she can't take it any more.  She begged me not to buy any more of Fry's cheap strawberries last week.  She's way past her 7.9 pounds per capita this year!
These are actually good looking tomatoes and not all fake like silly putty tomatoes.  I even had a  whopping two of them in my hand to buy today.  But since I couldn't find anything else to buy, I didn't feel like standing in the typical excruciating Basha's checkout line just to buy two tomatoes.
This isn't a deal.  You can get Kraft mayo all day long somewhere for $2.50.  But I missed a deal today.  When I walked past the Mayo, it was priced $1.99, NOT $2.99.  Maybe it was a mistake.  Maybe not.  Not it's got my interest aroused and I will recheck it Sunday on my next regularly scheduled visit.
Now I forgot about this one and it's a screaming deal for this time of year.  Stove Top for a buck a box is something you generally only see around Thanksgiving.  Stove Top and the jarred gravy are a "go to" camping meal for us.  I will be buying a bunch of both at this price.  Jarred gravy is light years better than canned gravy.  Why?  Well, you can put the lid back on and store unused gravy.  That's real hard to do with a can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NYC EL parador 2010

By Alex Witchel March 30, 2010 KEEPING up with the sheer volume of new restaurants in New York can be daunting, not to mention disappointing...