Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mid-week WINCO report

WINCO doesn't run grocery ads. That's one key reason why their prices are so low--they have practically no marketing budget. That means smart shoppers have to periodically patrol the WINCO aisles. I went there Tuesday afternoon to buy some staples and a few odd ball items. So, in the meantime, I decided look around. There's nothing much happening in WINCO right now. They have some medium decent red peppers for 68 cents each. The inventory looked low and "picked over." Green chiles are $1.28 but they are pretty ugly chiles. I bought a real nice bunch of spinach for 98 cents. It's about twice the size of a Smith's spinach bunch and 29 cents cheaper. Hothouse tomatoes on the vine are 98 cents and they look pretty good quality. There's a nice deal on boneless pork loin for $1.48 a pound. I picked up an 8-pack of the little chops for less than $6. That's 75 cents each for the chops. (NOTE: I overcooked them later last night--be careful they cook FAST!) I also bought a half gallon of buttermilk for $2. That's a real nice price for buttermilk. While over in Dairy I noticed eggs are $1.18--that's the lowest I've seen them in awhile. There's really not much going on at WINCO--just your normal everyday low prices but nothing super special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NYC EL parador 2010

By Alex Witchel March 30, 2010 KEEPING up with the sheer volume of new restaurants in New York can be daunting, not to mention disappointing...