As we noted in the Smith's post, both Smith's and Fred Meyer (AKA: Freddie)are owned by Kroger, a $70 Billion Behemoth. During this discussion of Freddie, we will refer both to the Kroger's website and the Freddie website. Astute shoppers will also note that a lot of the food sold at both Freddie and Smith's is branded "Inter-American."
I can't verify this but I suspect that Inter-American is a "captive" of Kroger corporate. Inter-American runs 36 manufacturing plants through America. Here's the best info I've been able to find about them. More soon--this is a Chippewa Project. I gotta chip-away at it to become a Chippewa!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
NYC EL parador 2010
By Alex Witchel March 30, 2010 KEEPING up with the sheer volume of new restaurants in New York can be daunting, not to mention disappointing...
-
"Your body is not a temple, it’s an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.” — chef Anthony Bourdain COTTONWOOD — Long-time Verde Valley chef...
-
Here's everything you ever needed to know about shopping at Winco. First, go to Winco on a quiet weekend morning without a single purch...
-
Howdy, Dear Readers. This blog became pretty active during our last Arizona Season. We actually had a few regular readers. Imagine that. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment